Healing Beauty

As I'll be out again for a month of special mission, I'd like to share to my friends this special technique that I discover to cope with a troubling period in life: Expose yourself to the beautiful. It's not my invention. It is a recommendation that comes from Thomas Moore, in his book Dark Nights of the Soul. He says, "Place yourself in the presence of something beautiful: nature, art, culture, family. You don't have to look for meaning in this beautiful thing, but only trust that beauty can sustain you and even heal you."
I quote a longer section to give you more idea: "During a dark night, it is best to find something beautiful that is also tinged with pathos or emptiness...I read detective stories and tales of profound challenge. You might choose to visit the sick and dying or help out in some kind of public service. There you will see suffering that will distract you from yours. There too, you will see how beautiful life can be even in the mist of pain and deprivation." (Moore, p.229)
That was what I've been trying to do lately to lift myself up: music, poetry and yes, prayer.