Broken Christ

I was in Aguascalientes, Mexico two days ago and had the chance to see the sanctuary of the Broken Christ (Cristo Roto) in San Jose de Gracia -- a touching piece indeed. It's a bronze sculpture of Christ without arms and legs, a mutilated Christ without a cross. Beneath the 25 meter high statue is written the following:
"Leave me broken…
I’d like that when you look at me broken like this,
you’d remember many of your brothers and sisters
who are broken, poor, indigent, oppressed, sick, mutilated…
Without arms: because they are incapacitated, left without any means to work; without feet: because they are impeded to walk their way;
without face: because they have been robbed of their honor and prestige.
They are forgotten… those who see them turn away
since they are like me – a broken Christ!"