Bello!

Bello is the italian word for beautiful.
In last Sunday’s Gospel on the Transfiguration (cf Mt 17:1-9) we heard St. Peter saying “Kyrie, kalon estin hymas ode einai” (original Greek). The Italian translation rightly puts it - “Signore, è bello per noi stare qui!” (Lord, it is beautiful for us to be here!).
What was he referring to? I imagine that it was to the unique and moving experience of seeing our Lord Jesus fully immersed in the love of the Father to the point of being transfigured in appearance; also, to the singular experience of hearing the Father himself declared Jesus as “my Son, the Beloved, listen to him.” A peak experience indeed for Peter, James and John, but perhaps first and foremost, for Jesus, before he moved on to face the last chapter of his life.
I had the chance to participate in this “beauty of God’s love” very tangibly last Sunday, when sisters, brothers and friends of my religious family – the Pauline family -- came together to organize my Silver Jubilee of Religious Profession. I was overwhelmed by all the shower of graces, starting from the Eucharistic celebration held in the Chapel where our Founder’s remains rest. Everything was well synchronized and planned, including the simple but festive “potluck” meal shared by all. The celebration left me with a conviction that I am very much loved and richly blessed, giving me renewed strength to continue spending my life lavishly for God and his people, to continue to be a blessing, a sign and a living proclamation that God’s love is indeed everlasting!
Want to see the photos? Click here